The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch system and the Nintendo 3DS family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo has sold more than 4.5 billion video games and more than 710 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS family of systems, Super NES, Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, Wii and Wii U systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Design and deploy enhanced process and technology solutions, supporting the operational requirements and/or strategic initiatives
- Develops technical specifications and configuration of complex applications and integrations
- Defines the functional and technical needs of an organization and recommends solutions that may have significant impact to the organization.
- Assesses and recommends available technologies to meet needs, and then define technical specifications and designs.
- Develop and modify technology systems, addressing functional, performance, security, quality, operations and monitoring needs
- Create and reviews detailed test scenarios, perform testing and analyze results.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve application systems issues
- Applies significant creativity and latitude to design and deliver software
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise that may also include employees from Nintendo Company, Ltd. (NCL) and subsidiaries
- Document and reviews technology changes through appropriate change control.
- Requires a full understanding of software development practices, including the research of current and evolving engineering trends, approaches, technologies and techniques.
- Ensures work is completed in such a way to comply with established compliance and other internal control requirement.
- Normally provides instruction for others on day-to-day work (i.e. team lead) and is tasked with determining methods and procedures on new assignments
- Provides support and troubleshooting of prior developed technology solutions and recommends effective refactoring when needed
- Provides on-call support as needed
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience in various software development technologies patterns and practices.
- Wide-ranging experience, including proven experience leading work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Broad understanding of software development practices
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Post-graduate coursework desirable and at times required.
NOA - RG
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.