Sr. Technical Designer
EAPlaya Vista, California1Y ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment, and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a studio culture where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance, one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are looking for wildly creative applicants who have a real passion for games, great social and communication skills as well as a positive, teammate mentality.
- Collaborate with other game designers to ensure the best possible gameplay experiences
- Create and maintain robust gameplay systems, components, and tools
- Create long-term plans for content implementation (gameplay systems, tools, etc.)
- Support others through knowledge-sharing, debugging, training, and writing technical design documentation
- Work closely with other disciplines to optimize performance
- Set best practices for content team
- Take feedback from the team to improve workflows and support features
- Drive communication and collaboration between all departments with regards to your work
- Set priorities and objectives together with key stakeholders
- Participate in or lead critiquing your work and the work of others
- 5+ years working as a technically-oriented game designer, shipping multiple titles.
- Have worked on at least one multiplayer or co-op title
- Strong expertise in text-based scripting, visual scripting, programming languages, and debugging
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously and think proactively
- Passionate about games
Valuable additional skills:
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Experience developing and managing complex game systems (combat state machines, AI, etc)
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a resume.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.