UX/UI Designer, Online Experience
NintendoRedmond, WA1Y ago
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch system and the Nintendo 3DS family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo has sold more than 4.5 billion video games and more than 710 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS family of systems, Super NES, Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, Wiiand Wii U systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at
User Experience/User Interface (UI/UX) expert responsible for supporting both consumer-facing and internal-facing digital environments. Conducts user research, interviews, and surveys; translates research findings and business requirements into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. Builds dev-ready compelling designs and interactive user interfaces that meet functional needs and bring the brand to life.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Work cross functionally across NOA Consumer Service and with business managers to define a vision for the customer support, ecommerce, and agent experiences and develop a roadmap of incremental improvements
- Perform foundational UX activities, including: user testing, card sorting, tree stumps, personas, usability studies and research, creating and implementing surveys for direct customer feedback, analyzing usage data and traffic patterns, conducting A/B tests to measure customer response
- Perform foundational UI design activities, including: translate wireframes into prototypes and design mockups that leverage a user-centered design approach, conform to style guides, and implement thoughtful interaction states, produce dev-ready assets
- Make deliberate design decisions to translate design concepts and business requirements into user stories, user journeys, storyboards, process flows, and wireframes that lead to intuitive user experiences optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Perform competitive research and analysis to include in design recommendations
- Create wireframes and clickable prototypes with a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Visio, Axure, Omnigraffle, etc.
- Present design concepts and deliverables to stakeholders
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core and new functions and features and rapidly test and iterate designs
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering including defining and maintaining visual style guides and developing assets
- Keep abreast of the latest changes in industry standards
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of three years of experience and proven track record of UX strategy leading to UI project implementation
- Strong portfolio of both UX and UI skill sets
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction and brand guidelines
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Experience in an ecommerce or service support environment preferred
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- BS/BA in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or equivalent
- M.S./M.A. degree a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.